Dry eye syndrome is a condition of tear deficiency in the eyes. Inadequate tear production results in discomfort and blurred vision. This can make contact lens wear difficult or impossible. Because dry eye is such a common problem, Dr. Bonds makes a special point of thoroughly evaluating dry eye and discussing all treatment options.
Below are some of the possible treatments…
- Artificial tears or lubricating eye drops
- Fish oil or flax seed supplements
- Specific contact lens solution for contact lens wearers
- Specific contact lenses designed for dry eye patients
- Punctal plugs
- Restasis prescription eye drops